How does it work?
Permanent cosmetics/makeup are a type of tattooing that uses pharmaceutical grade pigments which are applied to the second layer of your skin. This results in a wonderful shadow of colour giving the appearance of make-up, whether it be natural or glamorous. Creating eyebrows, eyeliner and lip enhancements.
How long does it last?
Over the years the colour will fade, but don’t worry, you can simply have a colour boost every year to 18 months which makes them look as good as new.
Does it hurt?
It’s no more painful than having your eyebrows tweezed.
Using the Nouveau Contour advanced machine, equipment and soothing cream keeps the treatment very comfortable. Some of my clients even nod off!
What happens during a treatment?
- When you arrive for your treatment you will have had already filled in a consultation form and done a patch test.
- We will go through your forms and check your medical history.
- Clean the area to be treated and take a photo.
- Discuss what you are wanting to achieve and choose the perfect colour pigment to create your perfect brow, eye or lip enhancement.
- Between us we draw on your brows, eyeliner or lip liner, spending as much time as needed to get the most flattering perfect shape for you.
- Proceed with the treatment.
- Finish, take a photo and apply aftercare.
- Go through aftercare with you.
How long does it take?
To create a brow, eyeliner, or lip enhancement you need 2 treatments. Your 1st appointment will take approx. 2hrs, then your 2nd appointment will take approx. 1hr which is 4-6 weeks after your 1st. The 2nd treatment is to make sure that everything is perfect, colour and shape. One hair can make such a difference.”
What to expect after my treatment
Your treated area will take 5-10 days to settle and be at their darkest for the first few days. They will be flacky and dry but this is nourished with your healing balm.
Follow this aftercare routing for at least 1 week following the treatment, or until it has healed:
Proper care following your treatment is necessary to achieve the best results.
Follow this aftercare routine for at least 1 week following the treatment, or until it has healed:
- Always wash your hands before applying the aftercare healing balm.
- Apply the aftercare healing balm a minimum of three times daily. You should do this using aclean cotton bud for each application (this will prevent cross-contamination)
- We recommend you use a gentle facial cleanser to clean the face during the healing period.
- Keep hair away to prevent any infection.
- If the area gets wet, gently pat dry using clean tissue. Do not rub.
- Do not pick, peel or scratch your treated area.
- Do not go swimming, use a sunbed or sauna for two weeks.
How do I know if its for me?
Women of all ages are discovering the benefits of having permanent eyebrows, eyeliner/ enhancement and lip colour it looks that natural even your closest friends will not realise that you are wearing it. You choose the look that suits you from glossy or subtle, understated or glamourous. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for a chat or to ask more questions.
Permanent cosmetics not only means you save valuable time, they also enhance your features. You can benefit from larger looking eyes with thicker lashes, fuller luscious lips and perfectly shaped eyebrows!